This workbook introduces metaphors through 36 worksheets that challenge students to interpret metaphors as well as write their own metaphors. Worksheets include:
- A step-by-step process to help students determine what each metaphor means,
- Drawing pictures of literal and metaphoric interpretations of metaphors,
- Deciding what is being compared in the metaphor, and what are the similarities,
- Choosing from multiple choice answers what the metaphor really means,
- Writing original metaphors and including them in short stories,
- More fun with metaphors to provide more practice in a fun way.
The workbook is recommended for students from third grade through middle school.